Follow dragonflymoment on Twitter

13 April 2010

Looking back looking forward

It's the end of an era. Chiron is leaving Aquarius for Pisces.


What era? February and March 2005 is a clue.

I came across this poem tonight, as I was getting started on some goal setting for fitness, finance and all the rest. I wrote it on 5 March 2005. It's bad, nostalgic and untitled.

This night I saw a shooting star.
It introduced me to a petal's kiss,
the scent of velvet, oh
the kiss of a breeze
The blessings of the stars,
this night.

I remember sitting on the front step of my tiny little flat on Mountford Road. I had a glass of Belgian beer beside me and was listening to Joni Mitchell or Nina Simone. Or maybe it was Hedys Lament. I was trying to capture the stream of consciousness that sprung from the sight of the shooting star.

In the same book that I found the poem, I found a list titled 'Achievements to February 2005'. Two of the entries had been crossed out - achieved. Most hadn't.

Some still apply today, like re-building my savings.

Some don't. I wanted to maintin a GPA of 6 (hehe, that didn't happen) and now I'm a few days away from attending my graduation.

Some are ridiculous. I wanted to 'talk less about self'. As if.

Some took time, experience and the resulting maturity to achieve. I wanted to 'be active in my convictions and beliefs' and 'remember that expectations are not universal'. They are lifetime achievements, though.

Looking ahead to this new era, I have a mud map of goals to guide me. It needs details and more visualising. I think I'll go and watch for shooting stars first.

No comments:

Post a Comment